Friday, July 16, 2010

Two weeks down, a lifetime to go...

...the last few days have been a relative cakewalk.

However, they've been fairly low stress, and I haven't consumed any alcohol. Obviously I'm going to drink some wine this weekend in honor of my birthday. That might cause some trouble--we shall see how it goes.

Overall, though, I'm feeling strong. Healthy. I got a massage yesterday, a nice reward for all the hard work. Kaitlyn worked on some pressure points that are supposed to help eliminate addiction. I'll take all the help I can get.

Whenever I think of cigarettes, I simply let the thought pass, like watching a ship sailing by on the Bay. These thoughts will occur to me for the rest of my life. If I can maintain the proper distant awareness--watching the craving rather than being the craving--then I think I can handle it.

It's when it takes over your psyche that it becomes inescapable and torturous.

No comments:

Post a Comment